With all our family law services, we work to achieve fair and reasonable settlements as economically as possible. Along with traditional negotiation, our lawyers are also well practiced in a variety of alternative dispute resolution methods, including collaborative law, mediation, and arbitration. Additionally, our lawyers work with diverse families including same-sex partners and polyamorous relationships, as well as with spouses and parents who identify as transgender or non-binary.
With counsel experience ranging from 3 to 25 years of practice, we are able to align clients’ cases with the right expertise. The number of issues in dispute, complexity of the case, cooperation of the other side, and flexibility of the client can all factor in on the time a file requires and the eventual fees. The cost of litigation, even on a limited scale, can be prohibitive and the outcomes are often not predictable. However, litigation is sometimes the most appropriate option and so remains a major part of our practice. In essence, we consistently recognize the complexity and significance of what is at stake while endeavoring to maximize our client’s value.
Our services address a breadth of family law issues, including:
- Divorce and separation
- Parenting, including parenting time, supervised parenting time and decision making about children
- Child protection
- Parent/child estrangement
- Asset and property protection and division
- Income determination
- Child support and spousal support
- Cohabitation and marriage agreements
- Family related business matters, such as trust, corporate and taxation considerations
- Fertility agreements