Timothy Peters practises in the areas of construction, commercial, insurance and strata corporation litigation. He has successfully represented the full spectrum of players in the construction industry, including owners, developers, general contractors, sub-contractors, material suppliers and third party warranty providers.
Tim has been rated “Distinguished” by the Martindale-Hubbell© Peer Review.
Education and Bar Admission
- Bachelor of Business Administration: Acadia University, 1986
- LL.B: University of British Columbia, 1994
- Called to the Bar: British Columbia, 1995
- Vancouver 2010: acted for general contractors involved in various construction projects in preparation of Vancouver’s hosting of the Olympic games in 2010.
- Residential Developments: acted for developers in relation to disputes under the REDMA.
- Condominium Law: acts for strata corporations in all matters ranging from governance issues to “leaky condo” litigation to shareholder disputes.
- Insurance Law: has successfully represented parties who have been denied coverage by their liability and property insurers. Successfully argued, on behalf of a general contractor and developer, the leading decision of AXA Pacific Insurance Co. v. Metro-Can Construction Ltd. et al.
- Construction Projects: Acting for contractors and owners in construction disputes involving allegations of delay, defective work, claims for extra and improper termination
- Acting in various disputes involving claims for professional negligence involving professionals involved in the real estate and construction industries.
- Acting in a number of jurisdictional disputes involving determination of jurisdiction and the appropriate forum for a dispute.
- Speaker, the Architectural Institute of British Columbia
- Speaker, the Pacific Business & Law Institute
- Speaker, the Continuing Legal Education Society of B.C.
- Speaker, the Vancouver Regional Construction Association• Speaker, the Homeowner Protection Office
Past Chair, Canadian Bar Association (B.C.) Construction Law Subsection
Member, Canadian Condominium Institute
Commissioned Officer (retired), Canadian Armed Forces
- Article Contributor, Canadian Consulting Engineer
- Article Contributor, Canadian Condominium Institute – Condo News
Tim enjoys travelling, sailing, cycling, yoga and all things outdoors. He recently completed his first Ironman competition. He has a daughter, Meagan and a dog named Leia.