Tyler Galbraith practices in the areas of construction and commercial litigation. Before joining Jenkins Marzban Logan LLP Tyler worked as an associate in the litigation department of one of Canada’s leading national law firms. Tyler was also a law clerk at the Supreme Court of British Columbia.
Education and Bar Admission
- B.A., with distinction: University of Victoria, 1997
- LL.B: University of British Columbia, 2002
- Called to the Bar: British Columbia, 2004
Tyler has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia and has been involved in several appeals, trials, arbitrations and mediations. He has acted in numerous builders lien and tender cases, disputes arising from delays, defective work, contract termination, bond claims and insurance coverage.
Tyler is a member of a variety of construction and legal associations and has lectured for the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia on construction related matters. He is the author of numerous construction law articles and other publications, with a focus on tender and builders liens issues.
- Member of the Vancouver Regional Construction Association
- Member of the Vancouver Island Construction Association
- Counsel to the British Columbia Construction Association
- Canadian Bar Association (B.C.), Construction Law Subsection
- Co-author of the Holdback chapter in the British Columbia Builders Lien Practice Manual
- Co-author of the Priorities chapter in the British Columbia Builders Lien Practice Manual
- British Columbia editor of the British Columbia Builders Lien chapter in Debtor / Creditor Remedies
- Co-author of Teaming Up for Large Construction Projects [pdf]
- Author of “Claims on Labour and Material Payment Bonds“, JML Construction Law Update Monthly, August 2013.
- Author of The Validity and Enforceability of Electronic Bid Bonds
When Tyler is not working, he is most likely spending time with his wife and two daughters. Tyler is active in the community including coaching his daughter’s soccer team and sitting on the board of his daughter’s daycare. When he has the time, Tyler enjoys playing soccer and squash, working on his “character” home and gardening.