Taymaz practices in the areas of commercial, construction, and regulatory litigation. He also counsels clients on corporate governance, controversy avoidance strategies, and privacy.
Taymaz is always focused on obtaining practical solutions for his clients, and he strives to bring to bear strategic foresight, judicial courage, and perseverance in advancing and protecting the interests of his clients.
Education and Bar Admission
- B.A. (Hon.), Simon Fraser University, 2005
- M.A., Simon Fraser University, 2007
- LL.B. (Hon.), University of Leeds, 2009
- Called to the Bar: British Columbia, 2012
Taymaz has represented clients in all levels of court in British Columbia and before various administrative tribunals. He has been retained by businesses, individuals, and public bodies in disputes involving contracts, real estate, construction, professional standards, economic torts, corporate governance, partnerships, and civil fraud. He has been counsel on applications for injunctions and other emergency relief, including in a novel case concerning a public body’s duty to proactively disclose information concerning public safety (2015 BCSC 2453)(2015 BCSC 2151).
- Member, European Corporate Governance Institute (since 2011)
- Member, Access Pro Bono Society of British Columbia (since 2012)