Charlene Tsai 蔡襄伶
Charlene Tsai’s family law practice encompasses all areas of family law including divorce, common-law separation, property division, parenting arrangements, spousal support, child support, cohabitation agreements and separation agreements.
With her work, education, and personal experiences, Charlene is sensitive to the issues that can arise between spouses and understands the delicate position of the children involved. Charlene is committed to helping her clients find practical long-term solutions that are tailored to their unique circumstances. Where appropriate, Charlene is able to provide collaborative family law services as a less adversarial and more cost-effective option for her clients.
Prior to joining JML, Charlene was a lawyer at a boutique family law firm in Vancouver. Charlene obtained her undergraduate degree in Human Development and Psychology at Cornell University, and her law degree from the University of British Columbia. While in law school, she worked as a family law advocate for a semester at the Rise Women’s Legal Centre.
In her spare time, Charlene can be found trying out new food spots in town and playing with her bichon frise at home.
Charlene is fluent in Mandarin.
Education & Bar Admissions
- B.Sc., Cornell University, 2017
- J.D., Peter A. Allard School of Law (University of British Columbia), 2021
- Called to the Bar of British Columbia, 2022
Appointments & Activities
- Director and Co-Chair of Mentorship Committee, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (BC Chapter)
- Volunteer, Amici Curiae Friendship Society
Memberships & Associations
- Collaborative Divorce Vancouver
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (BC Chapter)
- Law Society of British Columbia