David’s practice is focused on dispute resolution in commercial, construction, and regulatory matters. David assists his clients in all aspects of the dispute resolution process, including in court, arbitration, mediation, or during settlement negotiations. Prior to joining JML, David practiced for five years at a commercial litigation boutique in Vancouver, where his practice focused on complex commercial cases and class actions.
Education and Bar Admission
B.A., Simon Fraser University (2005)
J.D., University of British Columbia (2010)
Called to the bar of British Columbia, (2011)
- Regularly advises clients in the construction industry when problems arise, including on how to navigate standard form contract dispute resolution provisions and procedures
- Arbitration counsel in domestic and international commercial and construction disputes
- Represented a certified class of business and property owners in a class action relating to business and property interference caused by the construction of a major transit line in the Lower Mainland (2015 BCSC 2038)
- Defended an independent school from a neighbor’s challenge to the school’s operations and right to develop its campus (2013 BCSC 1474)
- Investigation and discipline counsel for self-governing professional regulatory bodies
- Pro bono counsel for clients in consumer protection matters
- CBABC Sub-Committees (2014-present)
- CBABC Scholarship Task Force (2014)
- Lectures on construction matters for various industry organizations
Outside of work, David enjoys competitive sailing, spending time with his wonderful wife Laura, bike riding, and camping.