Kelsey’s practice encompasses all areas of family law including disputes over complex financial issues and emotionally difficult parenting and child-centered matters. In addition to being an experienced litigator, her practice regularly incorporates various forms of dispute resolution. Kelsey regularly appears in court on behalf of clients and assists many with negotiated and mediated settlements outside of the formal court system. Kelsey is a qualified mediator and arbitrator with the Law Society of British Columbia.
Kelsey has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia and has successfully negotiated numerous settlements involving the transfer of significant assets and contentious custody and parenting arrangements. Her practical approach to the practice of family law is to be a problem solver and solution maker.
Education and Bar Admission
B.A., magna cum laude, Iona College, 2003
LL.B, University of Victoria, 2008
Called to the Bar: British Columbia, 2009
Professional Membership and Activities
- Member of the Law Society of British Columba and certified Family Law Mediator and Arbitrator
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association; currently co-chair of the Family Law (Vancouver) subsection and previously acted as secretary, treasurer and registration officer.
- Regular contributing author to CLE Family publications including the Family Law Act Transition Guide, the BC Family Law Sourcebook and the BC Family Law Practice Manual.
- Co-Author “The Division of Property Under the FLA: Fair & Intuitive?” and presenter at Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia Program, May 2014
- Co-author “Parental Alienation Cases: Judicial Remedies and Trial Strategies” and presenter at Federation of Law Societies Family Law Program July 2018
When not practicing law, Kelsey is spending time with her young family. Kelsey enjoys a variety of sports, good wine and great company.