Encompassing all areas of family law, Kelsey Beazer’s practice includes disputes over complex financial issues, emotionally difficult parenting, and child-centred matters. In addition to being an experienced litigator, her practice regularly incorporates various forms of alternative dispute resolution. Kelsey regularly appears in court on behalf of clients and assists with negotiated and mediated settlements outside of the formal court system. She is a certified mediator, arbitrator and parenting coordinator with the Law Society of British Columbia.
Kelsey has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia and also successfully negotiated numerous settlements involving the transfer of significant assets, and contentious custody and parenting arrangements. A problem solver and solution maker, she takes pride in her practical approach to the practice of family law.
Outside of her client work, Kelsey enjoys spending time with her young family and volunteering within their community. She loves a variety of sports, great company and good wine.
Education & Bar Admissions
- B.A., Iona College, 2003
- LL.B, University of Victoria, 2008
- Called to the Bar of British Columbia, 2009
Appointments & Activities
- Co-chair, Canadian Bar Association, Family Law Section — Vancouver
- Contributing author, Family Law Act Transition Guide
- Contributing author, Family Law Sourcebook for British Columbia
- Contributing author, Family Law Practice Manual for British Columbia
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of British Columba
- Canadian Bar Association
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Presenting speaker, The Divorce Circle, North Vancouver, February 2021
- Co-author, “The Division of Property Under the FLA: Fair & Intuitive?” presented at Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia Program, May 2014
- Co-author, “Parental Alienation Cases: Judicial Remedies and Trial Strategies” presented at Federation of Law Societies Family Law Program, July 2018