Our clients look to us for assistance with interpreting policy coverage, preparing claim submissions, negotiating with insurers, and advancing claims in coverage disputes. Our lawyers have extensive experience navigating high-value coverage disputes with a focus on maximizing recovery under all applicable insurance policies.
We have experience assisting clients in a wide variety of insurance matters such as:
- Fire loss
- Water damage
- Damage to infrastructure
- Construction accidents
- Life insurance
- “Bad faith” insurance litigation
Our insurance group provides services such as:
- Reviewing insurance policies and assessing available coverage.
- Advising on the preparation of insurance claims and participation in the claims process.
- Navigating overlapping coverage disputes amongst multiple insurers.
- Working with claims managers, examiners, adjusters, and other insurance professionals.
- Representing policy-holders in negotiations, mediations, arbitrations, and court proceedings.
Our lawyers are experienced with a wide variety of insurance policies, including:
- Commercial general liability
- Property damage for residential, strata, and commercial properties
- Professional liability
- Builder’s risk
- Wrap-up liability
- Errors and omissions
- Project-specific policies
- Excess insurance
We also assist our clients with claims against insurance brokers in circumstances where inadequate or inappropriate insurance coverage is placed by a client’s insurance broker.
If you are seeking legal services in relation to an insurance claim, we invite you to contact our team at JML.